Hurricane Irma: This Is Why We PREPARE, This Is Why We Do It Prior A SHTF Event!

Primitive | Maritime | Bushcraft | Foraging | Camping | Fishing | Hunting | SHTF

Topic author
jsfiddler

DeckBoss
Boats: 17 ft center console

Hurricane Irma: This Is Why We PREPARE, This Is Why We Do It Prior A SHTF Event!

Postby jsfiddler » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:04 pm

SHTF / ( Hurricane [Matthew + Harvey + Irma + Jose] = TEOTWAWKI

Watching the two hurricanes this year and riding out Irma just now and Matthew last year has my re-thinking my coastal survival plans. For starters I have seen a bunch of Americans who are not prepared. Granted none of us can be for this, but I am just going to start with physical fitness. The day of the event is not the day to stop eating HoHo's. I hope to have the time to explore this topic some more this year, but we have to make some changes. I feel really bad for the victims. We are being prepared for something bigger than this. Help out when you can.

chum

Seaman

Re: Hurricane Irma: This Is Why We PREPARE, This Is Why We Do It Prior A SHTF Event!

Postby chum » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:26 pm

I was just watching a show on the History Channel called, "Two Degrees: The Point of No Return". They where using the port of Savannah Georgia as the example of a CAT 7 Hurricane in the year 2086. Winds in excess of 250 mph, 40 ft storm surge that will drag the remains of the port out to sea when it goes out. It was kind of freaky thinking about it and seeing it on TV, Savannah was basically gone.

Return to “Coastal Survival”