Hurricane Irma 185mph CAT5 Tracking Toward East Coast and the Georgia Sea Islands/Savannah?

Coastal Georgia Saltwater Fishing Reports

Topic author
BlackBeard

Boats: I'm the boat you wake rolled last weekend

Hurricane Irma 185mph CAT5 Tracking Toward East Coast and the Georgia Sea Islands/Savannah?

Postby BlackBeard » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:54 pm

According to this GFS model Savannah is in for a dust-up, again. It ain't looking good; latest models reveal CAT5 Hurricane Irma on track to hit South-East, USA.
Hurricane-Irma-185mph-CAT5-Tracking-Toward-East-Coast-and-the-Georgia-Sea-Islands-Savannah HURRICANE IRMA track models forecast the storm will wreak havoc on several Caribbean islands before potentially hitting Florida in the USA. Here is the latest on Irma’s path and the latest weather models. A number of models that put Irma on track to hit Florida before moving to Georgia

jsfiddler

DeckBoss
Boats: 17 ft center console

Water Shortage as Hurricane Irma 185mph CAT5 Tracking Toward East Coast and the Georgia Sea Islands/Savannah?

Postby jsfiddler » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:44 pm

Now would be a good time to have three or four of these water filters. Every mud puddle is like an oasis.

The LifeStraw won’t remove the salt that makes sea water unsafe to drink; You will need to build a solar still for that. However, the LifeStraw will be great for nasty rain or mud puddle water by removing a minimum 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria (>LOG 6 reduction) and 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites (>LOG 3 reduction), filtering down to 0.2 microns; including Salmonella, E-coli, Giardia and Cryptosporidium. You might even want to step up to the LifeStraw Steel Personal Water Filter with 2-Stage Carbon Filtration for survival.

Topic author
BlackBeard

Boats: I'm the boat you wake rolled last weekend

Hurricane Irma Advisory: US South East Coast on High Alert for Potential Impacts on Islands/Savannah?

Postby BlackBeard » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:11 pm

I really wish I had something like this PowerAll Red/Black Portable Power Bank and Car Jump Starter - 16,000mAh - 600A for the last hurricane. I ran out of battery power after 2 days.

• Portable battery charger with charging adapters for all major electronic devices - Longer charge retention with 16,000mAh
  • Built-in protection features: over current protection; short circuit protection; overload protection; over-voltage protection; over-charge protection
  • Compact car jump starter that can jump start your car 20 times on a full charge - Increased power for cold weather starting.
  • Portable compact design that will easily fit in your pocket, backpack, or glove box for convenience
  • Ultra-bright LED flash light, strobe light, and SOS signal light that lasts 120 hours

I ended up getting 3 of these instead, these things are rock solid. I carry one with me at all times now.

RAVPower 26800mAh Portable Charger, Premium Quality Battery Pack with 3 iSmart 2.0 USB Ports, High Speed 5.5A Max Output Power Bank for iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Android Devices

IslandShark

Silver Member
Boats: :(

Re: Hurricane Irma 185mph CAT5 Tracking Toward East Coast and the Georgia Sea Islands/Savannah?

Postby IslandShark » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:10 am

It is really coming down now, no trees down though. Still have power, amazing!

Return to “Reports”