Sheepshead Fishing at Night

Any animal with a backbone that has gills throughout life and limbs in the shape of fins Living in saltwater

Topic author
chum

Planksman

Sheepshead Fishing at Night

Postby chum » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:46 pm

I have heard some stories of people sheepshead fishing at night, anyone know anything about this? I have always wondered do sheepshead bite at night? There are some special tricks I've heard of that I am not going to post on here just yet but if anyone has gone sheepshead fishing after dark please let me know because I am really interested in trying it based on what I have heard. I know the best time of day to catch sheepshead is during the day but the trick I heard about night bridge fishing makes me think there may be something to night fishing for sheepshead. Going for my new personal best so post up if you know anything about it and I might share what I know cause fall fishing is heating up day and night! :D

Advertisement
CoastalXP Store

jsfiddler

Lookout
Boats: 17 ft center console

Sheepshead Bucket Trick

Postby jsfiddler » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:10 pm

Yes, Sheepshead do bite at night and you have to be talking about the "Sheepshead Bucket Trick". I have heard of it also but have yet to try it. Although I have already bought the supplies for it and you reminded me I haven't tried it yet.

IslandShark

Silver Member
Boats: :(

What is the Sheepshead Bucket Trick?

Postby IslandShark » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:25 am

What is the Sheepshead Bucket Trick? Are you talking about having a bucket of crushed barnacles, clams or oysters and occasionally chumming the derbis around the structure? Are you talking about herding the fiddlers into the bucket using 2x4's? What is it?

mulletman

Gold Member
Boats: none

Top10 Sheepshead Bucket Tricks

Postby mulletman » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:28 pm

• 1. Herd your school of sheepshead fillets into a 5 gallon bucket and dump the sushi on the ramp for fresh-dead crab-bait.
This guy was taking one last lap

Not in this picture is the other 10 sheepshead on the bottom or the assortment of fresh deer legs. You know who you are, I don't mind you putting crab bait out but last year I found a side of deer down there that was reeking the whole ramp; I mean a whole side of deer. I thought a body had washed up and had to get out to make sure it wasn't. :arrow: Dude, dump your stuff somewhere besides right on the ramp.

Topic author
chum

Planksman

Sheepshead Herding with Frozen Chum Buckets

Postby chum » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:22 pm

Not directly related to the Sheepshead bucket trick but could be applied in a manner of such. What do you call a school of Sheepshead? A herd of Sheepshead, and you are the shepherd. Sheepshead love the smell of shrimp, so making the water smell like shrimp with a big frozen block of chum will bring them in from all over. So in effect you will be herding the Sheepshead to your location, with fresh baits a waiting. :D In these cold winter waters, the chum block will release a continuous oil slick of shrimp scent for quite a long time.
chums-sheepshead-herd.jpg
noun
a person who tends and rears sheepshead.
"he worked as a Sheepshead shepherd"

verb
tend (sheepshead) as a sea shepherd.
guide or direct in a particular direction.
"the sheepshead herd was shepherded around with great ceremony"

BlackBeard

Boats: I'm the boat you wake rolled last weekend

Chums Sheepshead Bucket Trick Revealed in Depth

Postby BlackBeard » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:34 pm

Chum-Sheepshead-Bucket-Trick-Revealed-Frozen-Shrimp-Block.jpg

I would ask you chum, that when you are ready for the "Sheepshead Bucket Trick Reveal" that you restrict it to members only for the time being. I am aware of the method and find it to be one of the least known methods around. That is why no one knows what it is. I would hate to see someone from "up north" claim it as their own. :geek: I do find the frozen shrimp block promising in combination with the convict bucket trick.

Topic author
chum

Planksman

Re: Sheepshead Fishing at Night

Postby chum » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:45 am

Looks like the guy was doing some Sheepshead fishing at night. And a lot of catching, with one hell of a location cover story.
sheepshead-fishing-at-night.JPG
Walt Disney World? I don't think so.

Topic author
chum

Planksman

Dock Busting for Sheepshead at Dusk

Postby chum » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:03 am

Not a bad little video, I'm going to keep an eye on this crew.

Return to “Fin Fish”