Lazaretto Creek Boat Ramp and Marina - Tybee Island Jetties Savannah River Inlet

Life In and Around the Sound or Inlet; Including Sea Island Salt Ponds and Sloughs

Topic author
BlackBeard

Boats: I'm the boat you wake rolled last weekend

Lazaretto Creek Boat Ramp and Marina - Tybee Island Jetties Savannah River Inlet

Postby BlackBeard » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:19 am

Lazaretto Creek Marina Tybee Island, Old U.S. Hwy 80. Lazaretto Creek Boat Ramp - Savannah River & Tybee Island, Georgia. This ramp gives easy access to the open Atlantic waters or the back creeks of Tybee Island and Savannah Georgia.

We didn't get it on video but the water in the channel dropped by 6 feet when these two ships went by. Very dangerous to be sitting next to the jetties when that happens. And these are not even super ships, beware. In fact if you see two super freighters crossing in the Savannah River you best move before you get deep six'ed to the bottom. I have seen ships charge into the lane and push up sets of 15' breakers that run all the way to Cockspur Lighthouse. I don't think a super tanker is crazy enough to gun the channel but if it happens, you and your boat better be far away.

I was sitting in a feeder creek once when a freighter snuck around the bend on me, all of the water drained out of the creek and I was sitting on mud. Then ALL of the water came back in and almost crushed me on the rocks. Trust me about the Savannah River basin, you better mind or you will pay dearly.
Fishin' Time - Blue Crabs (Catching & Cleaning), Blue Crabbin', How to Catch Crabs - Blue Crab Crabbing Tips, Bull Red Frenzy- Pier Fishing: Saint Simons Island, Georgia, Crabbing In The City #3, Fishing and Crabbing With Fans, BLUE CRABS!!! How to catch crabs - How to cook and eat crabs, How to Catch Blue Crabs, Crabbing 101 - Tips for families and kids using hand traps and lines, St Simons Island Blue Crabbing, Fishing in Savannha GA near Tybee Island, Georgia Inshore Fishing Jekyll Island Flood Tide, Crabbing Brunswick Ga, Georgia Salt Water Fishing St. Simons Island

Last bumped by BlackBeard on Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:19 am.

Return to “Inlet”